Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Welcoming the Year of the Dragon

CNY is just around the corner. Back home, we used to visit relatives and it was a big family gathering event.  It is during these time of the year that I miss being around family.  Well.. now that I have a family of my own, I cannot forget to pass down these traditions to my little man.  I'll start with a Chinese New Year fun craft. 

Not surprising, there are so many craft ideas for the Chinese New Year (Internet is a wonderful thing.. I tell you!).. and thank you for those who so humbly provide craft materials freely on the web.    I printed out a template from www.billybear4kids.com and use red party streamer, I purchased from the dollar store.  I can't find a wooden stick around the house, so I substitute using a nice sturdy cardboard paper from a shipping box as a handle.

There you go. its that easy!  A fun dragon puppet for J to play with.  Happy Lunar New Year!

No comments: